Canada as a spot has usually been on the priority list of immigrants due to its higher standard of living and ample opportunities available there. It has been attracting large groups of immigrants from all more than the world. In the recent times many remarked modifications have been proposed and implemented in the Canada immigration guidelines. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced modifications in the procedures and categories of both short-term and permanent immigration like Temporary Foreign Workers Federal Skilled Worker and also in Federal and Family Class permanent immigration.
Of late there have been situations of severe exploitation faced by the migrants at their workplace. These occurrences have someplace created the hopeful immigrants be a bit apprehensive ahead of taking the final plunge of going to Canada. The Canada government to prevent these instances of acting as a deterrent to the inflow of immigrants has proposed particular amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protections Regulations. These changes have been put forth to guard the interests of these immigrating to Canada below the Short-term Foreign Worker System. These changes induced by the government are very required for the following reasons:
• Reduction of exploitation of the workers under the temporary foreign worker system
• Increment in case of an employer’s duty towards his foreign employee for the reason that if the
• employer fails to comply with the guidelines then he will be charged with harsh punishment.
• Perform permits issued below this system is for a temporary phase only
• Strengthening the government to retain an eye on the short-term foreign workers and their employers.
Changes to the immigration rules
According to the new guidelines imposed by the government it is now essential for the employer to prove that his employment supply to the short-term foreign worker is genuine and not fake. It is important for the employer to show that his past record with foreign staff has been properly. If a case of manhandling is found in terms of meager wages and inhuman working conditions then the employer will be barred for two years to employ short-term foreign workers. Full details of the employers, ineligible to employ foreign workers to be provided on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s web page.
A 4 year work limit to be place on the temporary foreign workers followed by a further 4 years exactly where they will not be offered the authority to function in Canada. These alterations will be applied in practicality from 1st of April 2011 so as to assure the fair therapy of workers in Canada below the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
Federal skilled worker
The Canada government has initiated specific amendments in the Federal Skilled Worker Plan also. Previous history shows that adjustments made in this category has yielded optimistic results which has acted as a driving force to make the government introduce new ones. These alterations have been proposed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada maintaining in thoughts the demands of Canadian society and economy. Some of the alterations proposed by CIC beneath this system are:
• CIC has proposed to increase the minimum number of points which can be attained by an applicant from 16 to 20 in the language category.
• Enhance in the number of points from ten to 12 for applicants amongst age of 25 – 34 keeping in mind things like adaptability.
• Reduction in the quantity of years needed of education for undertaking trade.
• Reduction in the maximum number of points from 21 to 15 in the location of operate experience.
• Assessment of the job offer you offered by the employer to avoid possible fraud.
These alterations to the Federal Skilled Worker System have been proposed with the intention of delivering improved facilities to the immigrants to fulfill their financial ambitions but as of now have just been limited to theory and not place into practice by the CIC.